D16 mm 2-Jaw Parallel Double Acting Pneumatic Gripper Narrow Jaws
Mindman MCHC double acting parallel pneumatic gripper with a full jaw travel of 6 mm. The external holding force is 30 N @ 5 bar (6.74 lbf @ 73 psi). The pressure range is from 1 to 7 bar (14.5 to 101.5 psi). The gripper has a stainless steel piston with aluminum front and back covers, the jaws are made of carbon steel and the seal is NBR. As standard, the piston is magnetic allowing for magnetic position sensors. The gripper is suitable for a temperature range from -10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F).
- Regular price
This two-jaw parallel pneumatic gripper from Mindman can be used for pick-and-place operations. The gripper fingers/jaws are capable of moving 6 mm from their starting point. This double acting gripper has two air ports: one to open the jaws and another to close them. Double acting gripper can handles objects using an internal or external grip. The effective force for external operation is 30 N (6.74 lbf) and for internal operation 40 N (8.99 lbf). The effective force is calculated for each gripper jaw at 5 bar and at a lever arm of 20 mm. A retention or encompassing grip requires much less force.
The internal air cylinder has a 16 mm bore size. It has an operating pressure of 1 to 7 bar (14.5 to 101.5 psi) and a maximum operating frequency of 180 cycles/min. The air ports have a size of M5×0.8.
The gripper has a stainless steel piston with aluminum front and back covers and the seal is NBR, making it durable and capable of operating within a temperature range of -10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F).
The jaws are made of stainless steel and have narrow design to mount the fingers. The fingers have through holes, allowing you to mount an additional custom gripper design onto them that is optimized for your application. It is recommended to design lightweight fingers with low inertia. This will limit shocks at the stroke ends. If jaw speed or shock is of concern, a flow control valve to limit jaw speed can be used. Use Mindman’s easy to use instructions (see Download section) to calculate the required force.
As standard, the piston has a magnetic ring, which enables the use of a magnetic position sensor. The position sensor is slid into place along the housing grooves and secured with a set screw.
- Parallel grippers are easier to design and program than angular grippers since you have only one axis of motion
- Parallel grippers are typically more accurate than angular grippers
- A double acting gripper is suitable for external and internal gripping
- It has three mounting interfaces, allowing for flexibility and many design options
- Suitable for a magnetic position sensor thanks to the magnetic piston
- Repeatability is ±0.01 mm
- Contains pin holes on the bottom mounting surface for accurate re-locating
- High quality and precision design with linear ball bearing guide and martensitic stainless steel gripping set
- A custom finger design can easily attach to the jaw, replacing the current fingers, to optimally grip your work piece
- Cannot be operated in freezing environments
The MCHC pneumatic grippers are highly accurate pick-and-place devices. They have a two-jaw parallel design. They are available in double acting or single acting versions. The cylinder diameter range is 12-32 mm. The jaw is capable of moving up to 16 mm. The gripper delivers an effective force up to 175 N at 5 bar (39.3 lbf @ 72.5 psi). The operating pressure is 1.5 to 7 bar (21.8 to 101.5 psi) and the maximum operating frequency is 180 cycles/min. They have stainless steel jaws and a stainless steel piston, a body from anodized aluminum with recessed sensor grooves. The seal is made of NBR. The temperature range is from -10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F). The three mounting interfaces on different sides allow for flexible installation. It has M3x0.5 or M5x0.8 air ports to connect with a pneumatic hose.